Your Information. Your Rights. Our Responsibilities.
- HIPAA. In addition, the healthcare providers from the MDLIVE Medical Group that you interact with when using the Services are required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) to describe their privacy practices in document called a Notice of Privacy Practices. You can access a copy of this notice on the patient portal.
- The Personal Information we collect or maintain may include is your name, age, email address, username, password, and other registration information. The following information may be obtained by MDLIVE, the Medical Group you will interact with while using the Services:
- Health Information that you provide us, which may include information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status and laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, and other health related information.
- Health information about you prepared by the health care provider(s) who provide the Services through the Site such as medical records, treatment and examination notes, and other health related information.
- Billing information that you provide us.
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site.
- Other information you input into the Site or related services.
- We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To provide you with the Services
- To improve the services offered – by performing quality reviews and similar activities
- To create De-identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Service
- To notify you when Site updates are available,
- To market and promote our Site and the Services offered to you through the Site
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization
You can “opt out” of receiving direct marketing or market research information by emailing us at email@example.com.
- We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as permitted or allowed by law, as follows:
- To our wholly owned subsidiary, Breakthrough, and affiliated medical groups.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by law, regulation, subpoena, court order, legal process or government request.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of TELMED’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
- Information we Collect via technology: As you use the Site or the Service, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
- Site Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times.
- Real-Time Location. Certain features of the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Site can connect you to a health care provider who is licensed or authorized to provide services in the state where you are located.
- TELMED may use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online:
This allows third-party vendors, including Google, to show your ads on sites across the Internet. Our Company and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website.
- Opting-out of Google Analytics’ For The Web and Google Analytics for Display
- Users can opt-out of Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Using the Ads Settings, users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads at
- Facebook Tracking Policy:
If you do not want to consent to our policy of collecting and using your data you can “opt out” of our Social Network and Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads advertising policy by notifying Company in the following manner:
Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads (WCA):
A Custom Audience on Facebook.com is a list of people our company would like to show our ads to on Facebook.com, who have shown interest in our products and services, with ads we believe would be of interest to them. This audience consists of people, whose information and email addresses our Company already has, because they have already subscribed to receiving Company emails.
If you no longer have an interest in our products and services, you can opt-out of seeing Company’s Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads. Unsubscribing from our Company’s email list will remove you from Company’s internal email database list and stop future emails from our Company, but not from being shown Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads. The Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads external database, is different from our Company’s internal database and requires the following Opting-out request.
Opting-out of Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads:
To opt out of our Company’s Facebook.com Custom Audience Ads, send an email, from the email address you are opting out, to Company using our email address provided in Company’s contact information. Put “Opting Out of Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads ” in the subject line of the email. In the body of the email include your name and email address. Our Company staff will forward your name and email address to Facebook.com with a request to delete you from all of Company’s Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads.
- De-Identified Information. We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
- Security of Information Collected. We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. Specifically, the Site is protected by SSL 3.0 technology, the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Even though there are many benefits to using this Site, as with all electronic communications there are some risks such as (i) failure of hardware, software and/or Internet connections; we are not responsible for failures, distortions, delays, or other problems resulting from equipment configuration, connection, signal power, hardware, software or any equipment used to access the internet; and (ii) no guarantee that the confidentiality or security of electronic transmissions via the Internet can be assured due to potentially unsecure computers and links. This could result in your data becoming lost or intercepted during transmission. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and to use good judgment before deciding to send information via the Internet. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
- Modification of Information. You can update some of your personal information through our Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deletion of Information. You can close your online account by emailing us at email@example.com. If you close your account, we will no longer use your online account information or share it with third parties. We may, however, retain a copy of the information for archival purposes, and to avoid identity theft or fraud.
- Report Violations. You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Special Note about Children and Minors: TELMED does not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create accounts that allow access to our Site or use the Services. If you are below the age of 18 you are not permitted to use this Site or the Services.
- Notice to California Residents – Your Privacy Rights. Under California Law SB 27, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you or your family for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to Company, to the email address provided in our contact information and please include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, the domain name of the Web site you are inquiring about, along with your name, address and email address. We will respond to you within thirty days of receiving such a request.
How To Delete Cookies:
If you don’t want our Company’s cookies on your computer, to be used for the purposes stated herein, they are easy to delete. Simply go to http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2
Advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies. We do not control use of these
cookies and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
19. MDLIVE Complaints. If you think your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with legal@MDLIVE.com or in writing at the address listed below. You may also file a complaint with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint. If this does not satisfactorily resolve your inquiry then you may contact TRUSTe at http://www.truste.com/consumers/watchdog_complaint.php and TRUSTe will then serve as a liaison with this website to resolve your concerns. You may also contact us for further information about your privacy rights by emailing us at support@MDLIVE.com as well as by post mail:
13630 NW 8TH ST
Sunrise FL, 33325
Attn: Privacy and Security Officer
6025 N. 43rd Avd
Phoenix, AZ, 85019